You’ve made it this far, now it’s time to bring your big idea to life. The first thing you need to do when you plan on creating an NFT is to create the art. The good news is that this can be done in three easy steps. Here’s the step-by-step guide.
Step #1: Think of a Meaningful Art Idea
The first step is to think of a meaningful art idea. Don’t just open up an image editing platform and create art on a whim, plan it out. Here are a few things to think about as you plan:
- Causes. Several NFT projects these days donate a portion of their earnings to a cause. The NFT art is also related to the cause. Do you plan on your art being related to a cause? If so, it’s good to know that before you start creating it.
- The Theme. Chances are, you plan on creating several NFTs, and if you’re like most successful artists, these NFTs will follow a theme. What’s your theme? What will make your NFTs uniquely you.
- The Colors. Colors don’t just make images more fun to look at, they mean something. We correlate certain colors with certain emotions. For more information on the impact of color, click here.
- The Type of NFT. Are you planning on creating a one-off NFT or a collection of similar NFTs like the Bored Ape Yacht Club? Are you creating a static image or a GIF?
Step #2: Get Your Tools Together
Based on what you thought about in step #1, it’s time to get your tools together. These tools may include:
- Image Editing Software. There are several options for image editing software online. Some are free and some can be rather expensive. Nonetheless, it’s important to choose the image editing software you’ll be using as you create your art.
- GIF Editor. If you plan on making a GIF NFT rather than a static one, you’ll need to have a GIF editor. As is the case with image editing software, there are a wide range of both free and paid options online.
- Randomizer. If you plan on creating a collection of similar NFTs like Crypto Punks or the Bored Ape Yacht Club, you’ll need something to randomize the creation of each individual piece. Randomizers are available online but choose carefully. Some do all the work for you while others will require some knowledge of computer codes. Moreover, the prices on randomizers for NFT creation can vary wildly.
Step #3: Bring Your Art to Life
You’ve got the idea, you’ve got the tools, now it’s time to bring your idea to life. Use the tools you put together to create the art for your NFT. As you do, keep the following in mind:
- First. Your first NFT is the NFT community’s first impression of you. Take your time to make a compelling piece of art that has the potential to get the NFT community buzzing.
- Meaningful. Think of how you can create a meaningful piece of art that invokes emotion. Also, consider the type of emotion you intend on invoking and use colors that are likely to bring that emotional response out of people.
- Have Fun. Art was never meant to be a boring topic. It’s supposed to be fun, and art lovers can tell when the artist absolutely loves what they’re doing.
That’s All for Today
That’s all for today, go work on the art for your first NFT. We’ll chat about minting it next week!